NAVIGATION AND RECOVERY DIVER
Underwater navigation and recovery
The training focuses on acquiring the skills of effective underwater and limited visibility navigation by natural clues and following the compass heading and familiarizes with the search and recovery techniques.
Applicants for the program must:
• be a minimum of 16 years of age
• have passed Open Water Diver 20 ISSF or equivalent from another training agency
• have completed and logged a minimum of 10 non-training dives with a total time spent underwater no shorter than 300 minutes
The training focuses on teaching effective navigation, by natural clues and diving compass: in a straight line, a triangle, a square and a modified way. During the training you will also get familiar with more complex techniques such as searching for an object and getting it back to the surface. You may use the acquired skills in the future to find lost items.
The training outcomes:
• You will learn navigation skills, search and recovery patterns of underwater items! You will become a better dive buddy and a reliable team member.
• You will earn the ISSF Navigation and Recovery Diver certification, which gives you the opportunity to hone your technique and expand your knowledge and depth range – ISSF AOWD 30.
“In diving… there are no shortcuts”